Meaning: God is Gracious
Main Origin Language: Hebrew
In 2017 the name John...
• was given to 9,434 baby boys
• was the 27th most popular name for baby boys
• was 34% less popular than it was ten years ago
• was most popular in Mississippi, Alabama, and South Carolina
• was least popular in Arizona, New Mexico, and Washington
Babies Named John Born Per Year
Created by BabyNameInstitute.com
Historically the name John...
• achieved it's highest popularity in 1950
• achieved it's lowest popularity in 2017
• is 86% less common in the 2010s than it was in the 1950s
• is 55% less common in the 2010s than it was in the 1990s
Rank Popularity of Baby Name John Per State
Geographically the name John...
• 46% more popular east of the Mississippi than west of the Mississippi
Boy Names With Similar Spelling
Girl Names With Similar Spelling
Average Age of Benjamin
Benjamin is older than 83% of all names
More information on John by the Baby Name Institute
• What are the chances
a kid named John will be the only kid named John in his class?
• How does John rank among the top 2,500
names of the year?