Meaning: Young Girl
Main Origin Language: Spanish
In 2017 the name Ella...
• was given to 8,014 baby girls
• was the 16th most popular name for baby girls
• was 16% less popular than it was ten years ago
• was most popular in North Dakota, South Dakota, and Alabama
• was least popular in New Mexico, Idaho, and Texas
Babies Named Ella Born Per Year
Created by BabyNameInstitute.com
Historically the name Ella...
• achieved it's highest popularity in 2010
• achieved it's lowest popularity in 1987
• is 703% more common in the 2010s than it was in the 1950s
• is 2182% more common in the 2010s than it was in the 1990s
Rank Popularity of Baby Name Ella Per State
Geographically the name Ella...
• 29% more popular east of the Mississippi than west of the Mississippi
Girl Names With Similar Spelling
Boy Names With Similar Spelling
Average Age of Benjamin
Benjamin is older than 83% of all names
More information on Ella by the Baby Name Institute
• What are the chances
a kid named Ella will be the only kid named Ella in his class?
• How does Ella rank among the top 2,500
names of the year?